Sunday 21 July 2013

Flooded in yarn

I hear all knitters will sooner or later develop a hoarding tendency. Apparently some have whole bags and baskets of yarn that they store for those elusive future projects. Well, I better start clearing some room in my linen closet, because Spotlight just had a 40% off all yarns sale...

Some of the yarns I bought with specific projects in mind, while others just happened to look pretty. So, while I have been working on some project recently, which I am keen to share with you here soon, I will use this post to showcase some of my latest acquisitions.


I think this wool is definitely baby material. I've made a blanket out of the more colourful version of this yarn, but what could this one become? It packs a whopping 250 gr, so anything goes.


Pretty much all of the beanies I have made were knitted with this yarn. These two skeins will turn into yet another beanie for a friend. This also happens to be the same colour I made my very own one in. 


How cute is this wool?! It practically screams baby material what to make with it? 


I've always wanted to work with a bamboo based yarn. It just looks so pretty and crisp, and it's also super soft. I'm thinking some lovely baby booties would be good?


I love stripes and patterns, but it sure is a lot of work. This printed yarn will make for some lovely patterns, without being too overwhelming. I will probably make a little jumper and beanie with them. 


This yarn is amazingly soft and much thicker than what I usually buy. I have no plans for it yet, but I might make another beret style beanie.


I've seen a lovely pattern for this funny, fuzzy yarn, which turns it into a snuggle bunny for little ones. That's the current plan for it. 

I would love to hear some of your ideas, too. If given free reign, what wonderful things would you knit with the yarns I bought? Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment